Camden hosts air quality event on Monday
Camden and Islington Council’s, London will host an air quality summit exploring the health effects of air pollution and how you can protect yourself.
Hosted by Camden’s cabinet Member for Sustainability, Sean Birch and Islington Council’s Leader, Catherine West, this event will bring together a range of expert speakers to share information on actions that can be taken at a regional, local, organisational and individual level to reduce air pollution and personally protect yourself.
- Professor Frank Kelly, Kings College London – an overview of pollutants and health impacts (Invisible Dust advisor see Frank Kelly)
- James Grugeon, CEO, Environmental Protection UK – healthy air campaign
- Isabel Dedring, Mayor of London’s Environment Advisor – national and regional context
- Simon Birkett, founder of Clean Air London – proposals for London
- Sir Roger Madelin, CEO, Argent – enhancing the urban realm to improve air quality
- Lucinda Turner, Policy Manager, Transport for London (TfL) – TfL clean Air fund projects
- Justin Laney, Transport Manager, John Lewis Plc – alternative fuels and technologies for business fleets.
Date : Monday 21 November
Time : 5-8.30pm
Address : Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE
Register to attend : firstname.lastname@example.org
> Download a copy of the leaflet here.